Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Does Koo Koo have to go pee pee?"





Translation: Does Stella feel the urge to urinate? Mommy never imagined she would utter those words, but boy did she ever today during our potty training extravaganza.

Today was quite interesting. Mommy woke up with a tremendous amount of vigor, eager to start the potty quest. She purchased 2 potties, one for upstairs and one for downstairs. She bought me 17 pairs of underwear-- Disney Princesses, Elmo and Dora. She broke out one of my many "babies" and slapped an Elmo drawer on her--only to be donned by me later after I got bored with my own panty selection. Musical underwear, anyone? Hey, whatever works, right?

Then Mommy began what many would call the "impossible"-- she tried to potty train me! So, here's how it started... Me, stark naked except for my Princess Pink Underwear, my pink sunglasses and a bow in my hair (must look cute while pee peeing in the potty), sat down on the mini throne a total of 6 times with nothing coming out. I did a little dance, clapped for myself and asked for toilet paper every time only to wipe the toilet off and then my mouth. Thankfully the potty hadn't been used yet ;) About a 1/2 an hour in, I felt the urge to purge and began peeing on Mommy's wood floors. She swooped me up, sat me down on the potty and managed to get 1/2 of a bladder full in the can. Squeals and claps and stickers galore for a job 1/2 well done. 20 minutes after that, a "boom boom" ensued. In standard Stella form, I pressed my hands against my ears (strange habit, but a tell tale sign that a poo poo is a-comin) and began to poop on the bathroom floor. Mommy, once again, swooped me up and managed to get the ball in the basket, so to speak. Mommy was feeling tired already, but hopeful...

By hour 2 and 2 more pee pee accidents on the carpet and the wood floors, Mommy decided to try a new technique... "Stell, let's just sit on the potty for a few minutes and see if Koo Koo goes pee pee." We tried this for 20 minutes, Mommy reading every book in our library to keep me still... I sat and sat and sat, to no avail. When I finally got up, you guessed it, Koo Koo went pee pee. Yet another clean up and this time Mommy was losing patience. It was a valiant effort and somewhat successful... at least I know how the potty works and that it's kind of cool to have dry pants. Hopefully I'll show more interest next weekend. Baby steps...

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh good times. Stay strong and consistant Mary, it WILL happen!!!

    ReplyDelete